What can you do differently this year to reach your dreams and be the person you were created to be? There is an expression that you don’t know what you don’t know. So how do you begin to know what you don’t?
It’s a new year! I welcome 2016 to my life’s calendar. This year I decided to try something different. After authoring two books and now working on my third, I decided to take another step in the direction of my dreams. My goal of course is to have all my books make a difference in their readers’ lives. Today I am reading a new book, which is really not very new at all. ‘The Success Principles’ written by Jack Canfield was originally published in 2004. Two years ago, a revised edition went to print in celebration of its 10th anniversary. I only discovered it today, January 1, 2016. What an inspiring welcome to my book collection.
The notes I take are to inspire others, including myself to begin a new year towards success. My hope is to take my readers through my self-discoveries. In the next several blog posts, I will share what I discern as realities for me in my awakening to the dream of being a successful writer.
However this reasoning is not just for success in writing, but having success in all walks of life.
I encourage you to follow me as we discover together. What is it about success that seems so elusive? Why success is so hard to grasp for many and what can we do to change within ourselves to make it happen.
‘The Success Principles’ by Jack Canfield. I give credit to Canfield in this subject matter and I encourage you to pick up this little gem of a book. To start, I pulled 5 objectives that resonated with me, in review:
- The real truth, the only one responsible for your quality of life you live is you. You must be 100% responsible. The fact is we don’t want to look at the real problem: within ourselves.
- We are conditioned. We are motivated by our habits and in that we neglect to change our behavior.
- If you don’t like the outcome of events, you have to change your responses to them:
- Change your negative thinking to positive thinking.
- Change your habits.
- Change your response and change your attitude.
- Change what doesn’t work.
- Ultimately be the change you want to be.
- If you keep on doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep on getting what you’ve always got.
- Everything you say and everything you do must be intentionally aligned with your purpose.
I’ve read many books in my life and many inspiring authors provide food for thought. I like sharing what I’ve learned, but most importantly, I like others taking the reign for their lives.
We all know there are no guarantees in life. We realize life is too short to waste it on trivial things. A new year offers us promise. A new year provides us hope. In my approach this year, I invite you to take the next step to becoming a better you.