How long are the tears going to fall? How much pain does one have to endure before they break? Praying for strength happens most often when you’re on your knees.
There are some days when life seems too difficult to bear. When the day seems to go from bad to worse and a person just feels like letting go.
Do you ever feel like giving up? Do you desire to escape the wounds of hurt or the pains of yesterday?
In the song by Jaci Velasquez, “On My Knees” these words say it best.
“There I am, before the love that changes. See I don’t know how, but there’s power, when I’m on my knees.”
- When life pulls you down, then fall down on your knees, and cry out to Him.
- When you have sacrificed everything you can, get down on your knees and thank God for the blessings He has coming.
- When the skies grow dark and fear creeps in the shadows like a mist, get on your knees and ask God for strength.
- Are you feeling defeated? Ask God for strength.
- Do you need encouragement? Ask God for wisdom.
- Do you feel alone or abandoned? God is with you and He still loves you.
- Pray to Him. He is listening.
Everything happens for a purpose. How you react will either strengthen your faith or challenge it.
Whatever situation you may be facing, know that there is power when you’re on your knees.
If you’ve never prayed before, get on your knees and simply talk to God. Prayer doesn’t have to be filled with special words or elaborate setups. Praying for strength can simply be praying to be strong.
“I can be in a crowd or by myself almost anywhere. When I feel there’s a need, To talk with God, He is Emmanuel.”
Cry out to God. He loves You. He wants the BEST for Your life. You were designed for a great purpose.
It is OK, to have a bad day. It is OK, to cry. It is OK, to talk to God. He is listening. Get on your knees. Pray to your heavenly Father. He already knows your heart and every one of your needs.
There is power when you’re on your knees.
Pingback: I Miss You Mom I Wish You Were Here - Living the Faith Dream - November 24