There is something about these Christmas melodies. The songs, the words that invoke such passion that stirs the soul, these are the traditional Christmas songs.
If I had to count down my top 10 favorite Christmas songs, I would start with my favorite one of all.
- Silent Night sung by The Temptations
- O’ Holy Night sung by Martina McBride
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Luther Vandross
- Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill (from the Grinch soundtrack)
- Do They Know it’s Christmas by Band Aid
- Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley
- Silver Bells by Jim Reeves
- White Christmas by Bing Crosby
- Winter Wonderland by Johnny Mathis
- The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
Just listen to the words of these classic songs, “chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose..” These are the songs that stand the test of time. Others have sung them and more will record them.
Christmas is about spreading good cheer, sharing gifts, and reflecting on the greatest blessing of our lives; the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
No other time during the year do people pay more attention to Christ than at Christmas. This is the time to share the blessings of the holiday spirit. The time to think of good things.
So turn up that radio. Plug in that iPod and listen to the inspiring songs of Christmas. Be filled with the holiday spirit and thank the good Lord for bringing us the greatest blessing in our life.