We have a choice. Living is not living until you acquire compassion. We can act kindly toward one another or we can act foolishly. Kindness defined is the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate such as in a kind act.
It may require a little sacrifice but humility goes a long way. We all remember the good Boy Scout who helped the elderly cross the street. Kindness can go a long way; such simple tasks are not complicated.
What if we tried an experiment? What if you deliberately chose to act kindly toward someone? Whether a stranger, friend, or loved one, what if you displayed a random act of kindness? Would it make a difference for you, or for the life you touched in some way?
Test it for yourself. Try to exercise some insight in these 32 random acts of kindness. With a little imagination, gentle thoughtfulness can disturb your soul and transform lives.
These simple acts of kindness can make all the difference in someone’s life.
- Show kindness to a stranger with a smile.
- Open the door for someone.
- Offer to run errands for the elderly.
- Pay for someone’s dinner, maybe someone sitting at another table.
- Short visits to the grocery store can make lasting impressions. Offer to carry or help someone with their groceries.
- Leave those extra pennies on the counter for the next shopper.
- The next time driving through the pay toll booth, pay for the car behind you.
- Give a cup of coffee or bottled water to the homeless asking for money.
- Serve meals at the local shelter.
- Become a volunteer.
- Take up someone else’s chore around the house and carry it out for several days.
- While preparing for dinner, fix the plate for your spouse, before your own.
- Get up early, fix breakfast for your spouse, and bring it to them in bed.
- Great everyone who enters your home with a hug.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway or sidewalk.
- Bake cookies and bring to someone’s home.
- Prepare a meal for someone sick and bring it to them.
- Offer to babysit for the young couple so they can spend time together.
- Supply your home with gratitude and create a warm place to enter.
- Practice forgiveness, always.
- Buy your coworker’s lunch.
- Bring a cup of coffee to your coworker.
- Bring in donuts for no reason at all.
- Offer to make the copies for someone.
- Offer to stay late at the office to aid another coworker’s deadline
- Know someone who is going through a divorce? Listen to them, without interrupting, and don’t offer any advice.
- Encourage and love gracefully.
- Be honest and show compassion.
- Give a thank you card or note just to say, “I’m glad we’re friends.”
- Share your time with the grieving.
- Give a gift to show you care.
- Be the friend you would like to have.
Random acts of kindness are demonstrated all the time. Taking them for granted, we entertain them without thinking twice. A random act of kindness may surprise the other person; then again it will definitely change you.
Kindness is so rare in this world.
Correcting the mistakes of the past will not eliminate the offended, while adjusting to life’s unexpected glances will eventually weaken any negative influences. Display a positive approach in the face of intolerance with these random acts of kindness.
Kind-heartedness benefits the active person who shows love with thoughtful deeds.
Notice that once acts of kindness begin, all sorts of opportunities will present themselves.
Display kindness all the time by appreciating, you are investing in people’s lives.
- Yahoo Launches Random Acts Of Kindness Campaign For The Holidays (webpronews.com)
- A Simple Act of Kindness Spreads Joy on Thanksgiving (ycorpblog.com)
- From the Design Desk: Kind Gestures (chroniclebooks.com)